I finally got out to do a job that had been on my to do list for some time — covering up a number of erroneous Route 13 numbers on permanent signs in south-west Thetford. The signs were installed at a time when it was thought that Route 13 would follow a different route south out of Thetford. The route was later changed, but the signs were never corrected.
So, armed with some plain blue sticky patches, I set out to cover up the incorrect 13’s on the signs.
On the final sign before the old route rejoins the new one, I covered up the “13′” with a “(13)” to show that the route can be found in that direction.
Also while out, I had did a routing check on the signage within Thetford. Everything was fine, though I did find an additional sign was needed at the top of Croxton Road South. (There used to be a permanent sign pointing the way, but it’s since disappeared.)